Monday, June 18, 2007

...and waiting...

There were eight vultures hanging out in the palm trees across our street today. Bruce and Jeanette are gone, and there wasn't anyone else around, so we all stared at each other for a while. "Your competition!" I joked to Beto, the garbage man. "Oh, no," he said. "Our helpers! There are hundreds out where we take the garbage. Someone brings in a dead cow -- it's gone in a day." Nice to know. Just quit looking at me, guys. Are there female vultures? Somehow I always think of vultures as....well, not as ladies. But then I remember the dressing rooms when Kohl's has a sale.

I feel a haiku coming on....something about carrying on over carrion.......

Nope. Nada. It is really slow around here.....almost......dead?

2 comments:

Laura said...

you are a riot!

L
@}-->--

O Susannah! said...

Love you, too! But things are looking up. See next post.