Wednesday, January 17, 2007

On the road

I'm busy packing this morning. My flight for Orange County leaves from Puerto Vallarta at 2:43, but Larry and I want to make a Sam's Club run before he drops me off at the airport. Before I go, I'd like to introduce you to Luke and Emily from Fairbanks, Alaska. Emily's parents are friends of ours who live in R de Guayabitos, and she and Luke arrived shortly after we moved down here. They both quit their jobs to travel in Mexico for a year. Their blog is FULL of great pictures and the writing is terrific. They both have an eye for detail and cultural exclamation points.

I've added a link to their blog, so you can see for yourself. If you scroll down to the very beginning of their adventure, you'll get their perspective on the area around here. They have actually done a lot more exploring than we have, and can show you around town much better. For instance, Luke took some great shots of the tianguis market in La Penita.

Don't know if I'll blog from OC or not. If I don't, see you later. And I promise more pictures!

No comments: