Friday, February 2, 2007

Tortillas are terrific but Larry still likes white bread


And so do a lot of gringos. Maybe I should have made this shot a close-up to show the bread, but I wanted to show the line to buy it. Yesterday was market day in La Penita, and as usual, Larry and I made the first stop at the bread lady's. One big loaf of soft white for him, and sometimes a big long baguette for me. This stuff is as good as what we've had in Switzerland or France. She also has wonderful whole wheat (which despite our best intentions, usually spoils before we get through it....we are SO white bread), donuts, little open faced pies, raisin bread. Sure beats Bimbo!
P.S. If you click on the image, you can make it bigger and get a better look at the bread. You can also see that the woman in the door behind is drinking something -- from a plastic bag. Didn't I tell you? (see previous post in January: Paper or Plastic?)

No comments: